– Film machining
Precondition for cost-efficient operation of film-cutting plants is a long service lifetime of the blades used. A material that has proven effective in this application is ZrO2 ceramic of the type Y-TZP.
Selected properties of such a material are listed as examples in the following:
- Purity: ≥99,8 %
- Density: ≥6,0 g/cm³
- Mean crystallite size: 0.8 µm
- Mean bending strength: 1100 MPa
- Modulus of elasticity: 200 GPa
- High edge stability
- High edge sharpness
- Thermal conductivity: < 3 W/m/K
- Linear coefficient of thermal expansion: 11 ppm/K
The small crystallite size in the microstructure combined with the strength of the material enable blade geometries with pronounced sharpness that is preserved over long operating times.