IWM-IAPK Colloquium 2024
The Institute for Materials Applications in Mechanical Engineering (IWM) at RWTH Aachen University and the Institute for Applied Powder Metallurgy and Ceramics at RWTH Aachen e.V.. (IAPK) invite you to next year’s colloquium of the institute network under the title “Development of Tool Materials”. On March 21, 2024 in TEMA Pyramid ten lectures in German language will be held.
The following lectures are already confirmed:
- Strength of additively manufactured tool steels (Frederik Tegeder, IWM)
- Production of hot work tool steels by LPBF: How microstructure affects thermal conductivity, toughness and hardness (Siyuan Qin, IWM)
- MAX-phase composites with adjustable coefficient of thermal expansion for precision glass pressing (Dr.-Ing. Simone Herzog, IWM/IAPK)
- Cemented carbides – a scientific and sustainable approach for application as cutting tools and wear products (Dr.-Ing. Uwe Schleinkofer, Ceratizit)
- Current developments in tool steel (Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Escher, Dörrenberg)
During the colloquium, numerous interesting lectures are held on current research topics from science and industry leading to further discussions.
The exchange among colleagues on current issues is always a welcome opportunity to get up to date. For further information and registration please refer to https://www.iwm.rwth-aachen.de/cms/IWM/Das-Institut/~bdbfxo/IWM-IAPK-Kolloquium/