Ceramics and joining technology
– Hard machining
CERAMICS AND JOINING TECHNOLOGY // RAW MATERIALS PREPERATION // GRANULATION // SHAPING // FIRING PROCESSES // HARD MACHINING // CONTROLS // LABORATORY // CERAMIC-METAL BRAZING // CERAMIC-CERAMIC AND CERAMIC-METAL SOLDERING
The production of products from consistently high-quality technical ceramics requires process engineering to ensure quality requirements are met. In selected parts of the machinery and equipment in such production lines, components made of technical ceramics are used, some of which have proved effective for many decades.
In the case of products made from such materials, focus is on the following core properties:
- Purity of the materials and their chemical composition with regard to the materials used in the ceramic production process.
- Geometric dimensional stability.
- Resistance to abrasion in mixing and grinding processes and in granulation.
- Thermal and thermomechanical resistance.
- Dimensional stability in high-temperature applications.
- Electrical insulation in measurement systems
The above-mentioned properties are not only important for the production of technical ceramics but also for material-to-material joining technology in metallic brazing and / or glass soldering technology, and they are sometimes crucial for the successful production of such products. Positioners especially adapted to the mechanical and thermal properties of the metal and ceramic partners to be joined often enable products with sufficiently narrow geometric dimensional tolerances. In such cases, costly post-machining of the joined components is no longer necessary.