Chemicals – Pharmaceuticals
– Material seperation
CHEMICALS – PHARMACEUTICALS // PRUSSIC ACID PRODUCTION// ALUMINIUM CHLORIDE PRODUCTION // REACTION CONTROL // MATERIAL SEPERATION // CONVEYING EQUIPMENT // PAINT PRODUCTION // TABLET PRODUCTION // LABORATORY
A key advantage of material separation by means of membrane separation processes is that thermal process stages are not necessary, so consequently an energy-efficient separation system can be realized. Another key advantage of this process engineering is that the properties of the starting material components are hardly or not influenced at all.
Membranes made of high-grade ceramic materials used in micro- down to nanofiltration have the following properties:
- High mechanical resilience
- High resistance to abrasion
- Resistance to chemical corrosion when exposed to solvents as well as acids and alkaline solutions even with very high concentrations
- Realization of high flow rates
- High thermal and thermomechanical stability
- Stable in sterilizing conditions
- Low cleaning requirement
- Regulatory approval for operation in direct contact with foodstuffs
- Reliable for use in long-term operation
High-purity Al2O3 ceramic with around 30 % porosity is commonly used as a substrate in tube or disc form onto which the filter-active ceramic coating is applied. The pore sizes of this layer can be adjusted in line with the specific application.
Ceramic filters are not only proven equipment components in the above-mentioned industry sectors, they are also used for cleaning waste water of different kinds and to recover recyclable waste in closed circuit processes.