MEDTEC France 2014
As the largest gathering of the French medical device industry, MEDTEC France combines conferences and a trade fair, showcasing the sector’s entire range of technologies and expertise. This year, two conference programmes will be offered in parallel in order to better meet the needs and address the concerns of the sector’s stakeholders. All the statutory authorities in the medical device sector will take part to provide information and discuss the following topics:
• Implantable medical devices: review of the current market for implantable devices, clinical needs, challenges and technological progress
• Connected medical devices: review of the current market, clinical needs and enabling technologies
• Single-use medical devices: presentation of solutions to reduce the cost of materials and manufacture, new packaging and sterilisation solutions, and regulatory issues
• Traceability of medical devices: in particular with respect to unique device identification (UDI) and its implementation in Europe
• Regulatory affairs in France, Europe and the USA.
With a programme of high-quality conferences closely structured around the needs of companies within the sector, MEDTEC France 2014 will break fresh ground with two major forums:
• MEDTECH Entrepreneur and Start-up Forum: based on various round table sessions to discuss current challenges and share feedback, between entrepreneurs in the medical device sector, start-ups, and experienced consultants in the fields of funding, intellectual property, regulatory affairs and commercialisation.
• The Employment Forum will be held in partnership with the network of French biomedical engineering schools.
The 2014 edition will also include the 2nd Innovation Awards in recognition of original and innovative projects implemented in the design and manufacture of medical devices. For the second year running, MEDTEC France will present Innovation Trophies in
recognition of original and innovative projects implemented in 2013 in the design and manufacture of medical devices. An very competent panel of judges will meet to decide on the top three of the 12 shortlisted projects. The results will be announced, and the Trophies will be awarded on 9 April 2014.